St. Peter's Church

Plattsburgh NY

Saint Peter's Church

History

The Parish was founded in 1853 by the Oblate Fathers of Mary Immaculate after the French Canadian residents of Plattsburgh voiced a desire for their own Catholic parish. An agreement was signed on August 26th. On September 5th, construction began. The first marriage took place at the new church on October 30th 1853.